09/2010 - ongoing
Design and implementation of X-Gen based products and customer speficic solutions (especially ‘FinTRACE’) for the financial industry. Consulting for german and international FinTRACE customers, Dion Global Solutions, Frankfurt/Main
FinTRACE provides support both for handling reclamations and for creating charges for payment transactions. Common message channels and protocols are supported to do so (Swift, SwiftXML, Email, Fax, etc). The product is based on X-Gen and covers the integration of existing systems (EAI) as well as the technical implementation of the business processes (Messaging/Workflowmanagement) providing web based GUIs.
- Design and implementation of the product
- technical consulting for banks in Germany and european countries
- Coordination between FinTRACE customers, developers and support
- Planing and delivery of software releases and installation procedures
- Consulting and support for the project and product management located in Frankfurt and Madrid
06/2009 - 05/2010
Development and support of X-Gen based customer specific solutions for the financial sector, Swissrisk Financial Systems, London
The main focus lies on a solution for trade settlement required by the London branch of an American private bank. An application has been developed herfore using X-Gen, which serves as an interface between a third party system and the clearing houses Clearstream and Euroclear. The communication process via messages (SWIFT, MQ-Series) is based on rules/workflows. It can be influenced by the user via Swissrisk's web based GUIs (amending of transaction, 4-eyes approval, reconciliation/matching, etc.).
- Detail knowledge of the X-Gen application (transferring business processes to data- and workflows, generation of application specific GUI using M-Edit especially Tcl as an integrated scripting language) is required for this task as well as business knowledge and the understanding of integrated system environment protocols, especially relational databases and SQL.
- Intense communication with the end customer as well as coordination of the communication to Swissrisk's Frankfurt branch is important to fulfil this assignment.
10/2007 - 05/2009
Softwaredevelopment in C++ and Tcl/Tk for Swissrisk AG (formerly Imagnos AG), Frankfurt/Main
Application development of the existing system X-Gen in Frontend/Client. X-Gen is an EAI/workflow management system. It integrates and controls different third party systems, different data formats and automates the processing of complex workflows. Individual user applications with graphical user interface can be developed using the GUI IDE included in X-Gen.
- Frontend, complete client application (including the GUI IDE) realised in Tcl/Tk/incrTcl using tkTreeCtrl and BWidget.
- Backend Server including EAI components and workflow engine is mainly realised in C++.
11/2005 - 09/2007
Softwaredevelopment and production support of a Java/J2EE based web application for a big german insurance company
Application development with Java/JSP/Struts. Analysis and fixing of occuring bugs in the productive system. Installation und configuration of several servers (main focus on Tomcat 5.0/5.5 on SuSE Linux).
- Java/J2EE based web application using MVC architecture realised with Struts.
- The web application uses heterogenous, distributed applications being implemented partly in Java, partly in C++.
- JSPs serve as frontend, several Oracle-Server as backend (business logic mainly realised by PL/SQL-Procedures).
- Perl and shell scrips for reporting and automated workflows.
- Several tomcat servers for load balancing.
- Statistica contents represented by Apache web server.
- Next to the productive system there are several environments for testing.
- Performance tests and evaluation with JMeter, JProfiler, HeapAnalyzer
- IDE/tools: Eclipse/MyEclipse, Ant, Ivy, JUnit tests, PVCS, SQL-Navigator.
03/2005 - 08/2005
Conversion of ARIS event-driven process chain charts into X-Gen workflow/Imagnos AG, Frankfurt/Main (diploma thesis)
Business processes represented as enhanced event-driven process chains (eEPCs) had to be converted into X-Gen statecharts in XML format in order to be computed as a workflow. Next to an initial conversion a functionality should be implemented for updating the charts. The generated charts should be positioned carefully to achieve the highest amount of readability.
- Elaboration of concept and algorithm for conversion of charts to workflow.
- Implementation using ARIS Script integrated in ARIS Tool Set. ARIS Script is based on VBA and includes an API for triggering ARIS models.
01/2005 - 02/2005
Web application environment with database access / Unversity of Applied Sciences Wiesbaden
Setting up an environment for the execution of web applications with database access being used in curriculum. Access to the web server/application server should be restricted (on file level and application level). Thus installation and rebooting of web applications should be possible for students.
- Installation of SuSE Linux 9.0.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle 10g.
- Installation and configuration of MySQL.
- Setup of the security concept for Apache web server.
- Development of shell scripts for deployment of applications onto the webserver.
06/2004 - 12/2004
Measurement DB / IBM Deutschland Informationssysteme GmbH, Frankfurt
For an existing application for the measurement and analysis of printer outages a database should be designed and implemented.
- Design and normalisation of database tables.
- Setup and administration of the database using IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise 8.1 database server.
- Automated, time-driven import of data from text files by using SQL PL based procedures and triggers and AIX 5.2 shell scripts.
- Preparation of imports by data enhancement using an Java based program.
02/2003 - 06/2003
Outage DB / IBM Deutschland Informationssysteme GmbH, Mainz
Design, development, documentation, testing und implementation of a web database for reports of print server breakdowns.
- Installation and configuration of an IBM RS6000 server with AIX 5.2.
- Installation and configuration of an IBM DB2 UDB Enterprise 8.1 database server including concepts for backup, concurrency control, transaction handling and performance tuning.
- Installation and configuration of an Apache Jakarta Tomcat 4.1.8 web server.
- Design of a relational database, especially design and normalisation of table columns.
- Implementation of the web pages using HTML forms and Java scripts.
- Realisation of the database access by Java Server Pages over JDBC.
- Development of the hereby necessary SQL statements.
- Coaching and support of users during testing and rollout of the application.
- Creation of technical documentation and user manual.
04/2000 - 08/2000
MT-Address database / Medical Tribune Verlagsgesellschaft mbH / Inter Medical Kommunikationsgesellschaft mbH, Wiesbaden
Creation of covering letters and evaluation for editorial voucher dispatch. Administration of addresses and publication titles as master data. Storage of sent vouchers as dynamic data.
- Takeover of old data out of the index sequential DB Symantec F&A 4.0 into relational Microsoft Access format.
- Hereby design and normalisation of the database columns.
- Development of a frontend by using Microsoft Access forms with mostly automated functionality for the acquisition and administration of data, supported by VBA scripts.
- Design of reports with MS Access for covering letters and evaluation.